Thursday, March 20, 2008

Two Wrongs...

Okay, well actually it's more like 10 wrongs. My good friend Qween B already blogged about the terrible refereeing we had a few weeks ago in a game, but for me, it's much worse than just the one game. As Qween B said, the next night, in our co-ed game, the refs were crap! THEN I went to a Rocky Mountain Rage game on Friday, and the refs there were terrible! THEN, this past Saturday, the same horrible woman as the week before was the ref for our Monkey game. 

What's up??? Have all the refs decided they are GOD and untouchable??? Are they just going to make stupid calls, no calls, and throw games just because they can, and no one can say/do anything about it??? I think it has really gotten out of hand, at least in Colorado, and more so in the last few months. There are always stupid calls, or things I personally like to protest, but these folks are really out of control. 

As GKL stated, I have a tendency to exhibit Tourettes type symptoms on the ice towards refs and occasionally players or coaches, but truly, I have to be provoked. The problem is that if I get too out of hand, then my coach, aka Chin Beaver, doesn't let me play. He thinks my head isn't in the game, and I need to sit on the bench, which can provoke further displays of Tourettes type symptoms, then all hell can break loose. 

Really, it's all about truth, justice and well... what's fair. I don't like the idea that all that I work for, or other players for that matter can come down to two (or three) people who have serious control issues. 

4 comments:

QweenB said...

They make me so mad I could rip out their eyes and piss in their dead skulls!!! Oh, sorry. Hello. I'm QweenB and I have anger management issues at referees, too. I ride the bench with Bug.

Cheer34 said...

My son played 3 sports in high school...sometimes I would be upset about a ref's call or numerous bad calls or when they didn't penalize the other team for intentionally injuring our players and would complain to him after the game...his answer "Mom nothing you or I can do about..you have to forget about it and move on. Play the game that's all." Just thought I would throw that out there.

Bug O' Death said...

Cheer: Thanks for the reminder... it's really all we can do, and I love the game too much to let a few ruin it for me.

GETkristiLOVE said...

I know it's part of the game, but when they actually DO cross the line and make HORRIBLE calls, what is our recourse without sounding like the typical whiners? There should be some kind of grading system.

Or we need to equip them with a ref cam to be reviewed at a later time.