Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Break... So Far

I guess today would officially kick off Spring Break '08. Since I don't normally work on Saturday or Sunday, they didn't really count as vacation days, but they were fun nonetheless. 

On Friday night, our co-ed team came very close to beating the first place team in our division. We lost in a shootout. 

On Saturday, I started reading another great book by Jodi Picoult, Salem Falls. For those of you who know me, I love to read. When I get a good book, as Picoult's often are, then I become completely immersed. I read 238 pages Saturday afternoon, including the end of the book. I always read the end once I get a good handle on all the character... that way I know how it ends and can put the book down if need be to do things like eat, sleep or go play hockey, which I did on Saturday night,  and the Monkeys lost for the 15th time in a row, but whose counting. 

Sunday was spent recouping from the late night on Saturday, and Honey and I slept in until noon. As I spoke with my family, back home in Hotlanta, they were quite disappointed they we had just gotten up, which meant we missed Easter services, and we didn't have any special Easter events planned. First of all, we don't really celebrate Easter. In the past we would have had Honey's mom over and some of her friend's for brunch, but now that she isn't with us, we didn't really want to do anything. 

So my first official day off has gone something like this... read my book until 2:00am, slept in until 10:30, went to the gym; killed my biceps, came home, read until 4:30, then met with my regular Monday night friends. Now, I'm watching the Avs and keeping my fingers crossed that they can pull off a win. 

Not a bad way to start off this vacation!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice - I am counting down the days to SB especially since today was our "AYP" math test.