Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Virus Amped Up...

So I got tagged by Mathman again... This one is pretty fun...

Here's the deal:
Here's what I would like to do. I want to create a story that branches out in a variety of different, unexpected ways. I don't know how realistic it is, but that's what I'm aiming for. Hopefully, at least one thread of the story can make a decent number of hops before it dies out.

If you are one of the carriers of this story virus (i.e. you have been tagged and choose to contribute to it), you will have one responsibility, in addition to contributing your own piece of the story: you will have to tag at least one person that continues your story thread. So, say you tag five people. If four people decide to not participate, it's okay, as long as the fifth one does. And if all five participate, well that's five interesting threads the story spins off into.

Not a requirement, but something your readers would appreciate: to help people trace your own particular thread of the narrative, it will be helpful if you include links to the chapters preceding yours. -Splotchy


I had been shuffling around the house for a few hours and already felt tired. The doorbell rang. I opened the front door and saw a figure striding away from the house, quickly and purposefully. I looked down and saw a bulky envelope. I picked it up. The handwriting was smudged and cramped, and I could only make out a few words. (Splotchy)

"Meet me at two o'clock at Grisham Square. Don't be late!"

What? I already had an appointment at that time. In fact, that was the only reason I had even taken off work that Wednesday. But, when I saw the photos, I knew I had to go and see what the hell was going on. Oh gosh, now I wish I hadn't, but how was I to know then that Elizabeth would take this whole thing so far? (Freida Bee)

The thing with Elizabeth began innocently enough. She was my first love but in high school seniors girls are not supposed to date freshman boys and she told me so in a yearbook message that is captured in time, "If you were only older... hang loose and have a great summer."

Now, all these years later age did not mater and the photos proved it. But I still was unsure of exactly what was going to happen. Wednesday could not come soon enough. (Mathman).

Wednesday morning, I awoke early. I had laid out my clothes the night before. I wanted everything to be perfect. After a long, hot shower, in which I tried a new shaving gel, I was off on my adventure.

The photos only told a piece of the story. Elizabeth had undergone some sort of drastic operation, and surely something had gone wrong. Was she expecting me to help her out of this mess? (Bug O' Death)


Do your creative best my tagged friends:
GKL
Qween B
Cheer 34

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your thread. So creative and funny...

GETkristiLOVE said...

Oh crap! I didn't know that you meant yesterday that YOU tagged me. I was tagged by a couple others too, but at the time, I couldn't tell you why I've been too busy to comply - I was making a slide show for someone!

Splotchy said...

Why do drastic operations always go wrong?!!

Thanks a lot for being infected.