Thursday, May 22, 2008

Last Few Days of School...

I'm supposed to be grading papers and working on report cards, but I can't seem to bring myself to get these things done. I've been "playing" Assistant Principal at our school for the past week (and still teaching my 6th graders), because the looser they sent over from the High School has proven to be fairly incompetent. I love what I'm doing, and it has proven to me more and more I am ready to make this career change, but I still have to finish up this year!

To make matters worse... this week has been "Camp Bug O'Death". I bring in my HUGE 8 man/3 room tent and my kids bring in their camp chairs and sleeping bags and we build roller coasters, and perform Shakespeare for the other classes in the school.  It has been an awesome week! Today, we spent the day at Elitch's (our amusement park like Six Flags), tomorrow is I Love to Read Day, next Wednesday is their Continuation Ceremony, and Thursday is our annual raft trip. 

Really is seems like school is over and out, but I have these last few things that have to be done before I can close the books on another year. I wish I weren't such a procrastinator!!!

3 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

I was going to comment on this post, but I keep putting it off.

Unknown said...

I know I am late but I am done with my students and all my grades are done. Just 2 days with the teachers and admin.

Bug O' Death said...

GKL: You're funny!
Mathman: Thanks for rubbing it in... next year we will be out before Memorial Day, so I might actually get to enjoy the long weekend for once:)